I offer several services to fit your needs. If you're unsure about what your manuscript requires, contact me! If it's not a service I offer, I can always refer you to a colleague. All edits are made using Track Changes, so you can approve/reject my proposed edits. If you would prefer a clean copy with all changes accepted instead, please let me know! I am a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association and have a BA in English, with years of experience in publishing.
- Copyediting - Often done after any changes made during the developmental phase, copy editing looks at the language rather than the structure of the story. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation are checked against CMOS, and any awkward or unclear wording is adjusted. I offer two levels: basic and heavy, depending on my evaluation of the work's needs. If you have a website rather than a book or project on paper, I also offer website copyediting services.
- English Translation Cleanup - Authors who wish to publish their book in the U.S.A. or who are not native English speakers will benefit from this service. I go through your translation line by line, making sure every sentence uses correct American English and will appeal to a U.S. audience.
- Developmental Editing - Developmental editing looks at the structure of the story. I will do an in-depth read and provide suggestions for how to strengthen your plot, characters, dialogue, tension, tone, and pacing. Areas that could benefit from changes are identified and discussed.
- Manuscript Evaluation - By far my most popular service, an affordable way to check in and make sure your book is going where you want it to go. I will do a quick read and offer comments on any obvious issues, recommended steps before publishing, and the market potential.
- Query Letter Critique - Preparing to send a manuscript to agents or publishers? I can help tweak your query letter so it not only best represents the appeal of your work, but also helps capture your audience's attention.
Contact me for a free sample edit!
Fees are quoted per project based on total word count. Copy editing or proofreading costs $0.02 per word. Developmental editing and translation cleanup are more in-depth and require more specific skills. They are charged at $0.03 per word. Manuscript evaluation costs a flat rate 0f $60, regardless of length. Query letter critiquing costs $15 and is the smallest service you can purchase from me.
You will always be given a firm quote before engaging my services.
Payment plans are available! For projects over $500, payments may be spread over several months. A 15% fee applies.
Paypal is my preferred payment method. Half the payment is due up front, with the other due upon completion of the project.