Last week, instead of writing a weekly update, I wrote a post about Squid Game. If you haven’t checked it out, definitely do that! And, if you haven’t watched Squid Game yet, you should do that, too!
For a while, I wasn’t sure anyone read these updates. I was debating not writing them anymore. Then, a few of you reached out and let me know you missed them, which I really appreciate. So, if you’re one of those people, thank you so much. And, if it turns out you don’t like reading these, feel free to just… not read them.
Lately, I’ve been writing short fiction again. I might be gathering short stories for another collection, but even if they don’t turn out to be part of anything bigger, there’s merit in writing short fiction. Short stories make me a better writer. I just finished the rough draft of my piece for the Slash-HER anthology, and I can’t wait to show y’all that one.
Here are some other things I’ve been up to:
- I’ve now written several reviews for my Wicked Library column. You can read those here.
- Mouth Full of Ashes is doing well! Since Facebook and Instagram were down on release day, the book didn’t take off like I’d hoped. Still, it’s getting a warm reception, so I’ll take it. If you haven’t gotten your copy yet, you can do so here. If you preordered a signed paperback copy, I am still waiting for my author copies to come in. Once they arrive, I’ll sign them and send them off.
- I’m hosting a House of Leaves readalong! Check out the details here. We’d love for you to join us!
And, here are my goals for the rest of this week:
- Edit and submit my Slash-Her story
- Schedule October movie night
- Hit $100/month in Patreon support so I can start making monthly vlogs
- Write at least 6K more words in my work in progress
If y’all have any ideas for how I can get more patrons, please let me know. I’d love to start sharing monthly vlogs with y’all!
What are your goals for this week?