Me, making a Monday Goals post on a Tuesday? It’s more likely than you think.
I attended Scares that Care over the weekend, and if you haven’t seen my Instagram posts about it, the convention was AMAZING. In addition to meeting people I’ve only spoken to online, I got to network with small presses, other authors, and readers. I even met some fans! The wildest part of all is that I sold out of all my books. I’ll have to bring a whole lot more next time.
Anyway, I spent yesterday recovering from the convention and sending MOUTH FULL OF ASHES to beta readers. Elderlemon Design is doing the cover for this one, too, and I can’t tell you how excited I am to share his work with y’all. I’ve already seen a draft of it. 😉
Here are the goals I accomplished last week:
- Write and schedule my weekly Fully Booked review
- Mail UNBOXED signed copies to Live winners
- Write and schedule my August newsletter (to go out while I’m at the convention)
- Pack for the convention
- Finish current draft of MFOA
- Find beta readers for MFOA
BOOM! All of them. Somehow. I think the idea of heading out for the convention motivated me. Attending definitely helped me refocus on my goals, and I’m more psyched than ever to keep writing books. I also picked up a few new patrons while I was away. You know who you are! Thank you!
What’s on the agenda for this week? Here’s what I’d like to get done:
- Outline found footage book (I’ll be sharing the first 5K words with my Patreon supporters FYI)
- Visit eye doctor
- Take Mystee to the vet
- Plan August Movie Night
- Write and schedule review for Fully Booked
- Complete manuscript critique for my client
Again, it looks like a lot, but I think I can manage! I’d rather stretch to reach goals than feel like I’m just sitting on my ass waiting for God-knows-what to happen. Any and all encouragement is much appreciated!
What are your goals for the week? Let me know in the comments below!