Since my last gift idea post was a hit, I’d thought I’d take the topic and run with it again. This time around, I’m focusing on DIY gift ideas for those on a budget. If you’re low on funds but high in spirits, these gift ideas are perfect for you. Here are a few suggestions for the bookworm you know:
Hopefully this list has inspired you in some way. Now get to shopping! Christmas is closer than you think!What do you think of these gift ideas? How do you feel about DIY presents?
- Beautiful handmade journals!
- Bookends (any of these will do nicely!)
- This charming book clutch.
- Bookmarks or gift tags made from book pages.
- How cool is this planter?
- Just in time for the holidays!
- Who doesn’t need a coat rack?
- Fabulous AND functional.
- This one takes the holiday theme a step further.
- Art you can wear. Man oh man.
Photo Credit: Flickr
I’ve got a birthday coming up (June 17), and when I was in school, my summer birthday bummed me out. Now that I’m older it doesn’t make much of a difference. If anything, it’s better now because people tend to be less busy in the summer, which means that there’s more time to celebrate.If you’re like me and you have a birthday this summer, people have probably already started asking you what you’d like to receive.Can’t think of anything? I’ve got you covered. Here are five great gifts for readers and writers, most of which are fairly cheap.
Hopefully this post has given you some ideas for presents you can give to or receive from your friends and loved ones. Full disclosure: I just ordered the Sherlock Holmes book pillow and I’m way too excited about it.What do you think of these gifts? What others do you think I should add to this list?
- This vintage book iDock from Anthropologie.
- This little Light Man.
- This large floating bookshelf.
- This iPhone book case (ha).
- These book pillows.