Hello, lovelies! I wrote a post like this a while ago, but it’s time for an update.
Winter is coming, which means you’ll need to figure out what to get for everyone on your list. To make holiday shopping a little easier for you, I’ve compiled a short list of gift ideas for readers and writers.Note: These items are based on my personal preferences. Naturally, my tastes won’t match up with everyone across the board. Nevertheless, this post should give you a few ideas.
Of course, this is a short list of gift ideas for readers and writers, but I hope it helps! Now get to shopping!What are some things on your wish list this year?
- Let everyone know your type with this “Proper Grammar is Sexy” shirt.
- Never lose an idea in the shower again.
- If only I had a MacBook…
- This coffee mug.
- This tent.
- This lamp.
- This perfume.
- This candle.
- This macabre bookmark (perfect for reading Dracula).
- These pencils.
I know, I know. It’s not even Thanksgiving yet. The holiday cheer is getting to me already.
You see, I’ve always wanted to host an online Secret Santa gift exchange. As a member of the coolest community on Twitter (my writing tweeps), I thought it would be great to include my friends and colleagues in the Christmas festivities.
If you’re interested in participating in this year’s Secret Santa gift exchange, here are the rules:
That’s all there is to it. You can start joining as soon as this post goes live, so if you’re reading this, feel free to add your name and relevant links below. If you have any questions or need ideas, feel free to contact me. Oh, and in your comments, be sure to leave your email or Twitter handle so I can contact you! Once the entries close, I’ll have you all draw names and start shopping. 🙂Would you like to participate in my Secret Santa gift exchange? What kind of present are you hoping to receive?Tweet tweet:
- I’m closing entries on December 1. That should give everyone a few weeks to decide whether or not they want to enter and a few weeks to purchase and send out the presents.
- There is a set budget of $20 for gifts. This limit is to ensure quality presents without going overboard. If you can afford to go over, then by all means, feel free. The budget is simply for those who need it. Also, if you spend more, don’t expect everyone to be able to do the same. I promise you’ll get a good gift either way. 🙂
- If you’d like to help out your giver, post a links to wishlists in the comment section. Whether it’s Pinterest, Wanelo, Amazon, or somewhere else, this will give your giver a good starting point. Even if they don’t get you anything on your lists, they’ll get a good idea of what you like.
- You must be willing to send gifts internationally. That way, everyone gets a chance to participate. If you can’t afford to send anything across the ocean, consider purchasing some kind of gift card (though that kinda takes the fun out of the exchange).
- All gifts must be sent out no later than December 15. This gives the gifts ten days to arrive at their intended destinations. The postal service has its hands full during the holidays. Let’s not make things worse by waiting until the last minute.
- Add a card! Please let your new friend know whom the gift is from. 🙂
- Exercise good judgment. Do not send firearms, drugs, tobacco, animals, hazardous chemicals, or anything of that nature. Also, try not to be offensive. Reddit had a Secret Santa exchange last year in which lots of dildos were received. Let’s be better than that, people.
- Spread the word. The more people who know about the giveaway, the better!
Writer @brianawrites is hosting a Secret Santa gift exchange, and you’re invited! (Click to tweet)
Happy holidays! @brianawrites thinks you should join her Secret Santa shenanigans! (Click to tweet)