I've been planning a post along these lines for quite some time now. In the United States, today is Thanksgiving Day. With that in mind, I thought that now was as good a time as any to count some of my blessings.
Here's a few things from the past year that I'd like to give thanks for:
- getting a place of my own
- the courage to move to a new state and try making it on my own
- publishing a novel!!!
- making friends in the writing community
- traveling to New Orleans
- taking trips to Disney
- exploring Chicago
- becoming more comfortable in my own skin
- developing my skills as a writer
- working as an editor
- PEOPLE ACTUALLY READING AND REVIEWING MY PUBLISHED WORK!!! (can't get over this)
- my cat's tail surgery, recovery, and continued stability
- the chance to move home to be with my friends and family
- (subsequently, an end to loneliness and one of the lowest points of my life)
- SO MUCH COSPLAY
- getting to do what I love for a living (more or less)
- meeting my goals
- coffee--though honestly, I'm grateful for this every stinking day
- a positive outlook
- dedication and passion
- a plan for my future--though it may change!! and more than anything...
- a future that looks brighter with each passing day
If you're reading this, friend, I'm grateful for you. This past year has been one of the weirdest and most difficult times in my life. Still, I don't think I'd go back and change it if I could. The people I've met, relationships I've cultivated, and experiences I've come through have made me a stronger, more capable woman. A year ago, I had no idea how far I would come; how happy I'd be.
Everything's coming up Briana.
Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.
What are you thankful for this year?
In a post as warm as buttered biscuits, @brianawrites gives thanks for well, everything. (Click to tweet)