How is it already 2017? Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled to have had the opportunity to watch 2016 die. I think we can all agree it was, on the whole, a pretty crappy year. With that said, let’s leave the past in the past, and focus on the future.
This past year was a productive one for me. I published my one-act play TOUCH (which was also performed in a one-act competition!), drafted and revised REFLECTIONS, started a short story that deals loosely with ghosts, and wrote 12K of the BLOOD AND WATER sequel, WATER AND LIGHT. Writing-wise, 2016 was good, but I want this year to be even better. Here are my writing resolutions for 2017, in order of priority:
- Rerelease BLOOD AND WATER. I’m releasing a new, revised edition of BLOOD AND WATER (with the same cover, don’t worry) in the next month or so. It has a LOT of bonus content, including “deleted scenes” I felt conflicted about taking out in the first place. I cannot wait for you guys to see it once it’s finished!
- Publish REFLECTIONS. Not long ago, I had the cover shoot for this novel. Since then, I’ve been anxious to see the finished product. I’ve also gotten some good feedback from betas and sensitivity readers, and I have an editor(!), so I’m over the moon. I’ve put my heart and soul into this book. I hope it pays off in the end.
- Draft WATER AND LIGHT. I’m having so much fun with the characters in the BLOOD AND WATER sequel, so I should have it done sooner rather than later.
- Edit WATER AND LIGHT. Naturally, even if I get the first draft finished soon, it’s going to need a lot of work. Thank God I know some editors!
- Publish WATER AND LIGHT. THREE BOOKS IN ONE YEAR. Who am I? (Can I do it??)
- Finish ghost short story. Because it should have been finished by now.
- Outline/start drafting LIGHT AND AIR. I’m hoping to do this one for NaNo this year, but if all goes well, I may even have the first draft
This year is going to be a big one for me in terms on my writing career, I can feel it. I’m so excited to see what all the future has in store. Happy new year, and may it be your most productive one to date!