Those of you on Twitter might have seen Ava Jae’s fantastic Fixing the First Page Giveaways. (P.S. Check out her whole blog, because it is AMAZING.) I love these kinds of critiques, and because I’m so inspired by her generosity, I’ve decided to offer some critiques of my own!
Here are some rules if you’re interested in entering:
- I will only critique the first 250 words (first page) of your piece
- I prefer YA and NA, but will read adult as long as it doesn’t have explicit sexual content
- No erotica (see above) — I don’t feel I can give appropriate feedback for this one
- You should have corrected basic spelling/grammar issues so that I can focus on the more important aspects of the piece 🙂
- You must have your first page ready
- You must be comfortable with me posting the piece on my blog, along with the critique
- The giveaway will close at midnight EST on Dec. 8, 2014.
Good luck to everyone, and be sure to spread the word!