Author’s note: The following post was taken from my other, more personal blog, Life After My Bachelor’s. If you like random bouts of insanity fueled by caffeine, yoga, and an unhealthy addiction to cheese, feel free to click over and follow me. On with the post!
- you’ve had a crush on a literary character (GATSBY) or long-dead author (heyyyyy Fitzgerald)
- you’ve written fanfiction for Jane Eyre, The Age of Innocence, or Nineteen Eighty-Four
- the coffee shop or library is your home away from home
- you think Coleridge’s story about “Kubla Khan” is crap
- you’ve contemplated getting a book quote tattoo
- you love rereading books
- you read classics for your own personal enjoyment
- you have a Goodreads account
- you’re skeptical of Sparknotes
- you understand Moby Dick but still somehow hate it
- your blood is 80% caffeine and 20% alcohol
- deadlines are the best inspiration
- you’ve taken a trip to a dead writer’s house
- you love smelling old books
I could go on with this list for forever. If anyone’s interested, I might write more in another post down the road.
What do you think? Would you say these are accurate?