Lovely Links 12.29.13 - 01.04.14
The first post of every month is going to be dedicated to extraordinary links I've gathered from various places on the Internet. Most of the links will have but one thing in common: they will be related to reading or writing. Other than that, who knows? Here's what we've got this week:
- How to Write the Perfect First Page. This The Write Practice post is a must-read for any writer. While you're at it, follow them! This blog is ah-mazing.
- Beyond the Pencil (Skirt): Selby McRae, Random House. Though I suppose this article doesn't directly relate to reading or writing, the Levo League conducted a fantastic interview with one of the brilliant women behind Random House Publishing. You need to check it out.
- Into vs. In to. Just because.
- 7 Keys to Write the Perfect First Line of a Novel. Start your perfect first page with a perfect first line.
- Write a House. The city of Detroit is giving free houses to writers.
- An Evening with Ray Bradbury. This man could do no wrong. This talk alone is worth more than a year of writing classes.
- What is a book with a relatively "meh" title that ended up being pretty damn good? Find your next read here.
- Book Hive Teaser Trailer. I may or may not be drooling